Functional structure of theme - ProClassifieds
1. The features of the theme files
Contains information about the theme name, default settings, available regions, and also the enabling of stylesheet files and scripts
Contains the template of appearance design for internal pages of the site
Contains the template of appearance design for all nodes of all content types except content type "classified"
Contains the template of appearance design for nodes of content type "classified"
Contains the template of appearance design for blocks except block regions Sidebar Top Social, Sidebar Top Menu, Sidebar Top Content, Sidebar Filter, Content
Contains the template of appearance design for block region Sidebar Top Social
Contains the template of appearance design for block region Sidebar Top Menu
Contains the template of appearance design for block region Sidebar Top Content
Contains the template of appearance design for block region Sidebar Filter
Contains the template of appearance design for block region Content
Contains the template of appearance design for the menu block of categories navigation
Contains the template of appearance design for the blocks that are formed by module "system"
Contains the template of appearance design of comments container
Contains the template of appearance design of a separate comment container
Contains the template of appearance design of the expiration date container of classified publication
Contains html titles and the theme container
Contains the auxiliary php code required for the functioning of the theme
Contains the description of the additional fields of the form settings of the theme
The screenshot of the theme
Default logo of the theme for various color designs
Default user avatar
The main stylesheet file of the site design
This folder contains image files for the theme design
This folder contains image files for backgrounds
This folder contains font files and stylesheet files for the theme
2. ProClassifieds Theme Structure
The pages consist of the following regions:
Sidebar Top Social
Sidebar Top Menu
Sidebar Top Content
Sidebar - is not displayed on the main page
Sidebar on Classified - is displayed only on an ad page, e.g. to display GMap map.
Content types, Blocks, and Taxonomies:
Basic page is used for separate pages such as "About Us"
Blog entry is used for articles of blogs section
Classified Ad is used for placing ads
Article is used for posting articles
Blogs section is based on the standard "Blog" module
Catalog section is implemented using modules Views, ed_classified and proclassifieds_helper
Blocks Social Box, Welcome, Sponsored Ad, Copyright are standard custom blocks
Blocks View: Latest listed, View: Most Popular are implemented using "Views" module
Blocks Exposed form: search_page-page, Exposed form: taxonomy_term-page, Exposed form: front_page-page are implemented using "Views" module and are the part of pages Search page, Taxonomy term, Front page
Block Main menu is a standard menu
Block Location map is the map of module GMap
Block Ads Category is generated with the help of module proclassifieds_helper
Block New message indication is displayed when a user has unread messages
"Main menu" is used for the upper menu output
Taxonomy vocabulary Classified Ads categories is used to define ad types
Taxonomy vocabulary Categories is used to define the categories of ads catalog
Taxonomy vocabulary Location is used to define location
Modules Location and GMap are installed and partially configured to define locations on the map, you need to specify Google Maps API Key in the modules settings to complete the configuration (/admin/config/content/location, /admin/config/services/gmap). See the documentation of these modules, if you don't want to use the maps then you can disable these modules
The filter that removes links and e-mails is installed on a message body to prevent spam. This is implemented using modules Filter and Custom filter, see the documentation of these modules for any modifications
Field E-mail can be displayed as e-mail, by default it is displayed as a link to "send message" form, see the documentation of this module to change any settings
Module "Private messages" that allows users to share messages is installed on the site, see the documentation of this module to change any settings
3. The Ability to Assign Fields for Ads Depending on Categories
1. Add a classified ad on “Add content” page: /node/add/classified
When adding a classified ad you must select a category (e.g. “Batteries”) in which you would like your classified add to be displayed.
2. Beside default fields each category has its own field(s). You can fill in/select this field or leave it blank.
1. Go to taxonomy page and add a term (e.g. Batterries) in “Categories” vocabulary: /admin/structure/taxonomy/categories/add
2. Add a field or several fields to “Classified Ad” content type on “Manage fields” page: /admin/structure/types/manage/classified/fields
This field(s) must not be required.
3. When creating a field you can link it to a category(ies). This field will be displayed only on selected categories. If none of categories is selected then the field will be displayed on all categories.
4. Managing Front Page Ads and Classified Image Requirements
1. To remove any ad from displaying on the homepage of ProClassifieds:
You need to add filter "Promoted to front page" to Views "Front page" at: admin/structure/views/view/front_page/edit
2. To require an image to be mandatory when creating an ad:
You can set field as required on field settings management page at: admin/structure/types/manage/classified/fields/field_image_ca
3. Alter the number of ads displayed on the front page:
Please change the settings for "Front Page" View at: admin/structure/views/view/front_page/edit "PAGER" section
5. User Guide: Payments and Steps for Highlighting Ads in ProClassifieds
The instructions for paid options for ProClassifieds are described below.
1. Navigate to your user account page and click on “Ads” tab as marked on the screenshot below. On the opened page you will see all your ads.
2. Then click on “View Details” button on one of your ads. On the opened page you will see the detailed page of your ad. On this page in the upper left corner there are two links “Highlight the Ad in the list” and “Stick the Ad at the top of the list”. Click on one of them, e.g. “Highlight the Ad in the list” as marked on the screenshot below.
3. After you click on the link you will see such message: “Pay to Highlight added to your cart.” Click on the link "cart" as shown on the screenshot below.
4. On checkout page start completing the order.
5. After you complete the checkout procedure you will see such message as marked on the screenshot below.
6. After your order is marked as completed you will see your ad highlighted among other ads as shown on the screenshot below. You can repeat all described steps above for option "Stick the Ad the top of the list."
7. You can click on "View Details" button on your highlighted ad. On the opened page in the upper left corner you will see such type of message "The ad is highlighted for 23 hours 45 min" as marked on the screenshot below. It means that your ad will be highlighted for one day. Please note, that only the first ad that you highlight will be highlighted at the top of ads list, other ads which you will decide to highlight will be highlighted after the first ad that is highlighted in the list.
You can repeat all described steps above for option "Stick the Ad the top of the list" and your ad will be stuck at the top of the list of ads for one day. Please note, that only the first ad that you stick will be displayed at the very beginning of ads list, other ads which you will decide to stick will be displayed after the first ad that is stuck at the top of the list. Enjoy seeing your ads highlighted or stuck at the top of the list!
6. Administrator Guide: Steps for ProClassifieds Administrator to "Pay to Highlight" and "Pay to Stick" Ads
The instructions for administrators are described below.
1. Navigate to store page http://proclassifieds/admin/commerce Then click on "Products" in the menu.
2. On the opened page click on edit link next to "Pay to Highlight" or "Pay to Stick" titles as marked on the screenshot below.
3. On the opened settings page you can change the price as marked on the screenshot below. Pay attention to that the duration of the services is one day, i.e. each of these two services lasts only for one day.
7. Theme Precautions and Warnings
It's necessary to make a backup of all files and a database before updating any modules, theme or Drupal core. Additional theme settings are in the settings section of ProClassifieds 7.x-1.0 theme that is enabled by default for the given site.
The following settings are available: Theme Font, Font Headers, Theme Background
There is the possibility to use fonts from this service http://www.google.com/webfonts -- Just write a font name in the field and select "Custom" in the fonts selection.